Starting Again

Can of Great Lakes Brewery IPA beer on a desk
It's Friday, I've got a beer (evidence provided) and I'm taking a leap into writing again. 

I tried my hand at blogging four years ago when we (my ex-partner and I) had officially heard we were moving to Canada from the UK. I couldn't believe it, and I needed to document the adventure. I took to writing on a paid blog site, mainly because it was aesthetically pleasing (it has since been closed and my old blogs are stored in word documents on an external hard drive). This was also the beginning of my love story with Instagram (@the_happie_panda - it's all there if you have the stamina to scroll that far back, I was unemployed for 18 months so good luck!) 

Hilariously, I have just this moment drawn the parallel between that blog and this one; each starting because of a compulsion to make sense of the strange new world I find myself in. Then - a home-bird with an the opportunity to move to another country that cannot be turned down. Now - single, after 13 years by incredibly difficult choice, in a country I call home but that isn't legally permanently accepting of me yet. Both examples had/ have me staring into a vast openness, facing a scary world, especially now (although maybe staying at home, albeit a new one, is exactly what I needed at the moment - not that I would have asked for the situation this pandemic has put anyone in!) But worlds that, I kept and keep reminding myself, are full of possibility and adventure. And again I promise to myself I will make the most of this. 

Well, where to go from here? That's a good question you ask - do you have an answer? At the moment there are not too many plans to be made for anyone, but I have to say I am excited to make all plans just for me. Is that OK to say out loud? I know it will be uncomfortable but my main goal at the moment is be comfortable with being uncomfortable. I think they call that growth?

Cheers!

Comments

  1. You did it, you started writing!
    Where to go from here? Onwards and upwards!
    You have a fun writing style and I look forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts