Rest and Create

I'm really proud of my day, of the feelings of achievement I have for resting, the creativity seeping through as cracks start to appear in the bed of tight, tense perfectionism. 

Allowing for pure fun, for pushing myself what feels like 3 tiny steps after digging out heels and some rest which equate to a solid leap forward in my quest to build a skill, a thing I confess to hating, often and loud as a flag that says leave me alone, there's enough to do already.

Excitement sits in the stomach pit as I dangle my legs over the cliff edge, a quarter of the way there or maybe halfway if we're fair. Either way, it's a good place to stop and see the view, as others loiter, walk past and back. Sometimes taking a moment to take in the view too.

The pit feeling grows as I let myself wonder what the view looks like from the top, or at least further up. Is it more clear, a steadier path, more breathtaking? Doesn't matter. Let's take this feeling with us, see how long it carries us, remembering to stop at every tree and say "wow".

Comments

Popular Posts